Make TRAP Sounds With NI Massive – Create rib shaking grooves in under an hour
Having the opportunity to see someone else’s workflow in song creation can be priceless!
In this 4 part mini series, we see how to make various Trap sounds with NI Massive.
In this 4 part micro course, our resident Massive expert Jonny walks you through the steps of designing Trap style kick drum synthesis, bass sequences, super deep subs and of course those snappy snares and claps!
Awesome. and NASTY sounding. Thanks for this tutorial!
Create Energy And Character – Once you add the sub bass… look out!
Drums & Bass Design
Videos 1 and 2 of this mini series on Trap sound design in NI Massive focus on designing a sequenced bass pattern using the performer and stepper and a full walkthrough of designing your own kick drum.
- How to design a sequence with Massive’s on-board macro’s
- How to quickly change the pitch of your kick and bass in one go
- How to programme a bass and drums sequence in one instance of Massive
- Which effects to apply to your kick to get a solid beat
- How to design a rich and deep bass kick
- Tips on how to process the kick outside Massive
- How to use the Tube amp and noise to make a hard hitting kick
- Secret tips and tricks to help you learn synthesising Trap sounds
Sub Bass and snare design
In videos 3 and 4 we’re going to take a look at creating a bone rattling sub bass and get deep into drum synthesis as we learn to programme a snare and clap.
- How to design a layered sub
- Using harmonics to create character and texture
- Which effects to use in Massive to provide more thickness and depth
- How to design punchy percussive elements
- How to process your sounds with EQ, compression and other effects
- How to sequence these sounds to keep a solid groove going
Micro Series for Massive
Massive’s strength is the incredible variety of tools at your disposal to bend, shape and sculpt sound.
As in many things in life, Massive’s strength is also its weakness.
There are almost TOO MANY choices in Massive. Even experienced producers can get stuck deciding which path to take…
That’s why our Massive micro courses are so valuable. In under an hour you’ll learn the building blocks of Psy Trance in Massive.
We enlisted the help of ace sound designer Jonny Strinati to teach this course.
Jonny is a veteran sound designer with experience producing sample libraries like “Tech House Sessions and “Deep House: NI Massive,” both of which hit #4 in the sales charts at major sample sites.
His original productions have been showcased or licensed by major players like Sony Playstation, MTV, Ministry of Sound and BBC Radio 1.
In other words, you are in the hands of a pro.
And this Trap In Massive has been yet another great series by Jonny Strinati, who always delivers clear and concise lessons that are easily understood regardless of experience level with synthesis. Jump into this lesson now and improve your music today!
” thank you so much for these amazing videos, and detailed descriptions! They are amazing learning tools!
Build Your Trap Skills, Fast!
Join sound designer Jonny in this Trap mini course for only $9! Improve your productions by leaps and bounds Today!
Files available immediately to download